Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Leading another
Dacher states "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" on page 477. I think this is important to health professionals becasue of how much healthy advice they must give each day. How can a doctor who smokes really sympathize with someone who is trying to quit. I think recommendations that come from practitioners who are striving for health have more weight behind them than a practitioner who is simply doling out the latest literature that is available. I think each person has an obligation to develop their own health and this would go for those in the medical profession to. I'm not sure if one doesn't that will directly hurt their clients but, I do think that if they are striving to develop their own health than they are capable of helping not only themselves but their clients as well. I believe their rewards are greater as they would be able to see results in themselves and others. For my own life I am continuing to take steps toward better health. I am managing small steps at a time so that I progress and deal with each thing individually, one at a time. I try to choose one psychological and one physical aspect to work on at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. I think we are more apt to follow those that have been there and experienced. It's all about treating each patient individually as a person according to their issues/ problems. I think it is great that you are taking the steps toward better health as I have myself.Thanks! Luna